Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
SFH has two positions for competent Medical Laboratory Scientists candidates to fill.
1. Medical Lab. Scientist/Quality Specialist
Project: Global Fund HIV Project
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory services provided by the project are in accordance with the national guidelines and meet the minimum standards for good laboratory services.
- She/He will be responsible for establishing and/or supervising all laboratories and laboratory services within the Global Fund HIV project.
- She/He will supervise and ensure the medical care provided in these health facilities include disease-specific components such as HIV/AIDS care and treatment; treatment of co-infection of HIV with Tuberculosis, Hepatitis screening and management of sexually transmitted infections follows all set standard procedures.
- She/He will ensure quality control as a major responsibility on the project.
- She/He will be involved in training and supervising local staff, oversee the HIV testing being carried out in the community by the HIV counsellors and testers contracted by the project to reach the testing targets of the project
2. Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Imo, Oyo, Kano
Grade: One year Fixed Term Contract.
Project: Global Fund HIV
- The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and running a laboratory within a HIV treatment facility.
- The medical care provided in these health facilities include disease-specific components such as HIV/AIDS care and treatment: treatment of co-infection of HIV with Tuberculosis, Hepatitis screening and management of sexually transmitted infections.
- Must possess a first degree or equivalent in clinical/medical laboratory science or in microbiology with applied medical parasitology and bacteriology.
- Alternatively, person may have held a position as a medical laboratory scientist, laboratory technologist or medical laboratory analyst,
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Must have experience in sample collection and analysis (e.g. blood, stool, sputum) and implementing a supply management system.
- Must have knowledge of all basic laboratory techniques and quality control systems.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload.
- Must have experience in working in a laboratory offering specific tests for ART treatment monitoring.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2018.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the "Director, Human Resources", clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: TNSIMO@sfhnigeria.org
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to this blog to recieve daily notifications. Submit your article,press release or news to us and we wilk be glad to publish them.